Your product descriptions and your photos are the only two pieces of information a shopper has access to when they are looking to buy products. Therefore it is absolutely essential that you cover everything a shopper needs to know in both your images and your descriptions.
Here are some tips for writing great product descriptions
- I create these favor boxes using heavy weight cardstock (this leaves the reader in no doubt as to who makes these products)
- These favor boxes are made using heavyweight cardstock (this doesn’t tell the shopper who makes the items, these could be made by Walmart as far as the shopper knows from this description)
- These products are available in three fragrances – Ay (a light floral scent), Bea (a heavy musk fragrance) and Cee (a fragrance with mint and pine undertones, ideal for men). Please select a fragrance from the drop down box when ordering.
- These products are available in three fragrances – Ay, Bea and Cee (while this tells the customer the three fragrance options, it gives the customer no further idea as to the type of fragrance, giving further descriptions will help the customer make a better-informed buying decision)
- These soap bars weigh 75 grams which means they will not add too much weight to your subscription box / packed in square boxes, these bubble bars will be easy to pack in boxes.
- These soap bars weigh 75gms, are made using virgin olive oil, contain no SLS… (this list of features tells the customer what they are getting – but it doesn’t tell the customer why this matters or why this is important for them)
For example ‘It’s important to note that they may look different on a real product than what you see on your computer monitor. Even if you have calibrated your monitor to a specific color profile, there are various factors that influence the final appearance of colors on a printed product. Because of this, we can’t guarantee color accuracy 100%’.
A well-written description will ease the buying process, removing any blocks the customer may have to making the purchase and to answer the questions they may have. It is a well-worth investment to spend time crafting good product descriptions for your products.